The Role of Acupuncture in Good Health
We find that chiropractic care and acupuncture provide for effective healing.
This ancient form of healing has been around for 3000 years, restoring balance to the body with amazing results. Acupuncture addresses the energy system of the body, allowing it to communicate more efficiently. We find that after an acupuncture session, you’ll feel
- More relaxed
- A reduction in pain levels
- An improvement in sleeping
You’re welcome to schedule an acupuncture appointment whether you’re a current patient or have never been to our office before. We find that chiropractic care and acupuncture combine for effective healing, and Dr. Byrne may recommend acupuncture to his chiropractic patients.
Addressing the Flow of Energy
Acupuncture is a complex branch of ancient Chinese medicine, but its practical principles and methods are easily understood. Janella Byrne N.D. (Traditional Naturopath) addresses 14 major energy channels, or meridians, in the human body. A subtle energy called Qi (pronounced “chee”) circulates via the meridians to all parts of the body.
Qi is a vital force separating the living from the dead that requires a balanced flow for sound health. Any misdirection or blockage of Qi may result in pain, dysfunction and ill health. With acupuncture needles or other means, we stimulate certain points along the course of the meridians. This stimulation helps restore normal balance and flow of Qi so that organs and bodily systems can work together in harmony, as intended, setting the stage for the body to repair itself and maintain its health.
Types of Acupuncture We Offer
- Cupping – A partial vacuum is created in cups placed on the skin, localizing healing and opening meridians in the body.
- Gua Sha – A smooth instrument glides over oil, applying long or short strokes to an area of pain to relieve acute and chronic problems by increasing blood circulation.
- Moxibustion – The burning of mugwort, a small, spongy herb, is used to facilitate healing, strengthening the blood, stimulating the flow of Qi and maintaining general health.
Discover how acupuncture may help you experience better health. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!